The IOFF – Subspecialty Fellowship Application Process.
IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship Process
Eligible candidates come from low-resource or underserved countries.
The actual list of countries can be seen here.
- Candidate fills in the application package and includes requested documents
+ Scan of the passport showing nationality
+ Candidate‘s picture (portait)
+ Scan of Specialist in Ophthalmology degree certificate
+ Recommendation letter issued by present chair
+ Recommendation letter issued by previous chair
+ Recommendation letter from the chair of the voluntary workposition
+ Scans of ICO Exams certificates (if any)
- Candidate submits file to email@example.com for the eligibility determination
- The IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship Executive confirms eligibility OR requests further details/documents.
Eligible candiates receive back the application file from the IOFF Subspecialty Fellowship Executive for further processing.
- Candiate chooses his/her favorite host from the IOFF-Subspeciality Fellowship Network and contacts the host with a training request and the application package.
- Host recieves the application package for his/her consideration.
- Host notifies the candidate within 2 weeks if he/she would like to offer a vacancy.
- Host and candidate agree on a proposed start date
Closing Date: February 28 – Fellowship starts between August 1 same year and May 1 the year after
Closing Date: July 31 – Fellowship starts between February 1 next year and November 1 the year after
- Host completes the host notice of acceptance form and shares it with the candidate and the IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now the application file is complete and will be assessed by a jury consisiting of three experts
- Candidates and Hosts will be notified in April, resp. October if the application was successful or not
- Candidate applies for visa, arranges his/her stay abroad (travel, accommodation) and completes paperwork requested by the host institute (e.g. documents, vaccinations, medial check-up, if applicable: temporary Registration with the Medical Authorities)
- Candidate submits the requested documents and bank information to the IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship Executive so that grant amount can be released and wired
- After finishing of the IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship stay: candidate completes end-of-documentation and submits it to the IOFF-Subspecialty Fellowship Executive